Registering vs Applying

Registering to walk in the Baskin School of Engineering graduation celebration is not the same as applying to graduate. Registering to walk and applying to graduate are separate processes. You register with the BSOE and/or your college to walk in a graduation celebration or commencement. Applying to graduate is the process of notifying the university (through your student portal for undergrads and through the graduate division for graduate students) that you intend to complete your degree by a specific quarter (e.g. Spring 2016). It is actually how you get your degree. If you need assistance with the applying to graduate process, please see the Registrar's FAQ page for undergrads and Planning to Graduate w/MS or PhD page for graduate students.